Saturday, May 24, 2014

Anna Karenina

I am a little spellbound over the fascinating newest filmatization of Leo Tolstoy's Anna Karenina. They had a very original way of mixing stage with real locations. And changing scene before another scene had ended. New and refreshing. I'm very suprised I like it in fact. I'm not always a fan of tragic romance clichés like many women. I seldom find them detailed enough.

Gotta love Domhnall Gleeson in it. Compared to the other movie I've seen I liked his Kostia (Konstantin Levin) a lot more. Very much the tender and loving man he is supposed to be. And shy and hopelessly in love with Jekaterina (Kitty). Even Aaron Taylor-Johnson is all of a sudden visible. I love his portrayal of Aleksei Vronsky. Might actually start to like him for something else than Kick-ass now. Oh and.. Kiera Knightly; I used to dislike her acting actually, but after A Dangerous Method and now this she's growing on me. No denial, she was always beautiful tho.



0 comments :