Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Cliff House

"The Cliff House was severely damaged by a dynamite explosion when the schooner, Parallel, ran aground. The blast was heard a hundred miles away and demolished the entire north wing of the tavern. The building was repaired, but was later completely destroyed on Christmas night 1894 due to a defective flue. The Cliff House survived the 1906 earthquake with little damage but burned to the ground on the evening of September 7, 1907.

The house overlooks the site of the former Sutro Baths and a room-sized camera obscura and is now part of the Golden Gate National Recreation Area, operated by the National Park Service." (from Mute The Silence)
← scroll like this →







← scroll like this →
I found this interesting story at Magda Mortisia's blog Mute The Silence, and it hit me right away. I love old stories, and specially the ones acompanied by old black and white photographs. There is something very special about old photographs. I don't know why I love it so much, it's just so special to actually have a photograph of an age so long ago.

I know this antique shop where they sell old books and old papers. They also sell old postcards (which was written on and sent late in the 1800's.) and photoalbums from early 1900's. When I have the time and money I'll go there and get one of my favorite photographs printed in larger versions. I need old black and white photographs on my walls. Photos of people I have no idea who was.

(Thanks for allowing me to reblog you, Magda ♥)

6 comments :

Mademoiselle Kitten said...

It looks amazing ♥

Magda Mortisia said...

i thank you for the reblog!!!❤ the pleasure is all mine!!!!!!ツ

Fainting Spell said...

Re: At least the mom try it xDDD :P

I want to live in that house O-O

Mademoiselle Kitten said...

May I copy the idea that Portraits thing? :)

http://mademoiselle-kitten.blogspot.com/

H. said...

sv: tusen takk det samme til deg! ♥

My Rakel said...

Fascineting pictures. Love the cat in the corner btw^^